June 29, 2014

Where time stopped, the clouds remained, where turtles swam in the shallow waters, and green lights from the fishing boats light up the night, where the moon turned blue and thunder and lightening rained down~ Koh Tao Thailand

Over the past 3 months I have shared some of travels on here on my Steady 70 blog, on my steady70 facebook page, on my steady 70 twitter page. Some of the things I have shared have about Thailand’s Street Foods, Street Art “Graffiti” the colorful shades of Thailand’s sub culture art ~ then I met Monk Ven Noi; We spoke About his work with Life and Hope Association in Seim Reap, Cambodia~  Before that I introduced you to The Heart & Soul of what is Thailand!


Now we are taking a little trip to the island of Koh Toa~ Where time stopped, the clouds remained, where turtles swam in the shallow waters, and green lights from the fishing boats light up the night, where the moon turned blue and thunder and lightening rained down. It was Island time and we were high on a hill at a place called High bar in Koh Toa watching life down below. 





I am now sitting  drinking my coffee on a deck in New York flipping  through my images of Thailand,I can clearly identify my friends laugh, my friends accents or see their body language as we walk through the streets. I can recall that moment prior to snap of the shutter. I can recall and retain everything of that moment leading up to the decision to hit the button with my finger. What I have left are pieces of life, 
slices of time, suspended moments.  That’s the moment’s I save in my minds eye.








 Through out my travels there were days, nights, mornings, afternoons, evening and whether shooting on a boat, shooting on top of a mountain, shooting from scooter, shooting from a bus, shooting anytime or anyplace and as fate or life would have it I could not get my setting’s correct on my camera. Simple settings like color temp, speed, or my focus was off, for some reason my being out of sync with my camera only meant that I had to connect more with the places I was at and people that I was with and met.  There was one morning that everything went to shit…my lenses repeatedly fogged up, it started to rain, my then more rain clouds, then more shit and we all have had those types days.  It made me laugh at myself, it made me just retune my chi. With in minutes there was a sudden shift in my step. I was here not to just shoot pictures, I was here to experience, I was here to learn, I was here to get affected, I was here to………. Do and do and do I did! On the island of  Koh Tao….




QUOTE

"At some point you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So you can waste your life drawing lines... or you can live your life crossing them.   Here's what I know: if you're willing to take a chance... the view from the other side... is spectacular." GA



~Long Live the King~ June 2014

Steady 70 2014 Steve Levine photographer ~Koh Tao; Koh Tao Thailand; Island of Koh Tao; travel to Koh Tao; Life on Koh Tao; resorts in Koh Tao; hotels in Koh Tao; images of Koh Tao; sunsets in Koh Tao; sunsets on Koh Tao; traveling to Koh Tao; Koh Tao; getting to Koh Tao; island hoping in Koh Tao; sunrise in Koh Tao; foods on Koh Tao; diving on Koh Tao; Steve Levine; Steve Levine Photographer; travel photographer in South east Asia; steady70; photos of; Koh Tao Thailand photographer Koh Tao Thailand Hotel photographer; steady 70; Thailand street photographer; images of; Koh tao Thailand photo by Steve Levine; photo by steady70; photo by Steve Levine steady70; Steady70; www.steady70.com Steve Levine global assignment; getty images; getty travel photographer; Steve Levine getty photographer; images by steve levine; images by steady70; image by steve levine steady70; photo by steve levine steady70; photo by steve levine; Steady70.com; gettyimages.com; steady70.blogspot.com; facebook.com/Steady70; twitter.com/Steady70; http://steady70.blogspot.com/ Steady 70 2014; http://www.steady70.com; Steady70 photography; Photography; photographer; photography; travel; Travel photographer; Travel Photography; gourmet foods; gourmet dishes; foods; chefs; restaurants; hotels; resorts; villas in Koh Tao; Thailand exotic travel destination; travel magazines; travel and leisure in Koh Tao; Thailand; Koh Tao; Thailand hotels; Koh Tao Thailand restaurants; Thailand resorts Koh Tao Stock Thailand; Stock images of Thailand travel; Stock images of South east Asia; Stock images of Koh Tao; Thailand; Stock images of Koh Tao in Thailand; Thailand; Stock images of Sunsets in Koh Tao Thailand; Koh Tao Thailand; Landscape images of Thailand; Beaches in Thailand Koh Tao; Thailand Sunsets; Thailand sunrises; travel to Thailand; Getting around in Koh Tao; Thailand; Guest houses in Koh Tao; Koh Tao festivals; Koh Tao guesthouse; life in Koh Tao; great people in Koh Tao motorcycle rentals in Koh Tao

No comments: